Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Christmas (Music) Season!!!

Hey!
So... The end of the semester is approaching... Congrats!! I hope you all had a delicious Thanksgiving =D

As you take these final weeks, definitely realize that the end is close, so knock out these last few weeks with all you have.  Just think - after this, you get to spend 3 whole weeks SLEEPING and eating delicious food! (i know those of you in Regan don't sleep... don't lie to me).

That being said, don't kill yourself.  Take some time these last couple of weekends to enjoy DC in the winter.  There are some pretty awesome things to do...

The National Christmas Tree - take a visit, see it, and even take your picture near the tree for your state! (there's one for everyone... even Nefw Jersey [nothing against NJ... I love it. I'm just from PA, so it's kind of my obligation to rag on it =P ])

U.S. Botanic Garden - "During the Christmas season, the U.S. Botanic Garden is transformed into a magical display featuring miles of model trains and hundreds of Christmas lights. Admission is FREE" (all it costs is metro fare!) I haven't seen it, but will DEFINITELY be checking it out now that I know about it =)
 ***CUA is leading a trip! Meet this Sat. December 4th at the Pryz Info Desk at 12pm *** 

Christmas Concert - This Friday, December 3rd, definitely think about hitting up the 22nd Annual Christmas Concert for Charity at the Basilica.  It features the CUA Orchestra and the CUA Chorus, and admission is free, though they do have a collection for the Vieban Annual Fund at Theological College.  It's at 7:30pm, in the Basilica, Great Upper Church.
***This fills up fast!! I recommend going with friends and getting there about an hour early (at least) to get a seat.  Saving seats doesn't work either, just fyi =/ ***

This literally only scratches the surface, so do some research, and find something to get out and do!  You study better when you're relaxed and happy anyway =)

Catch ya later, you classy bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment